Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Village Clock

The village clock was erected in 1911 to mark the coronation of King George V.

After a number of damage incidents, it was removed and put in store.

In 1953 the clock was replaced to celebrate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth 11 on June 2nd 1953.

To mark the Platinum Jubilee of her reign, the Parish Council has decided to replace the clock mechanism with a modern electronic drive to ensure that the accurate time is always shown.

X